Level 1 Application Support Engineer – Microsoft-based
CareWorks is an Irish company providing IT solutions to the social care market in the US, UK and Ireland.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced, customer-focused technical professional seeking a software support role. The successful candidate will be responsible as part of the support team for actively managing incoming support incidents logged via our portal to meet customer service level agreements. They will be able to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the support process.
The ideal candidate will have a university degree and will have relevant commercial technical support engineering experience. They will be experienced and certified with Microsoft technologies especially Microsoft Dynamics CRM V4/2011 and Windows Server 2008 with SQL Server 2008 a distinct advantage to prospective candidates
Please note: This is a customer facing application support role, not an internal infrastructure/hardware role.
The position includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Screen incoming incidents at first contact and respond to customers requesting missing information ensuring high quality information capture.
- Replicate, verify and triage new incidents.
- Respond to information requests, requests for information, documentation queries, usability questions at first contact.
- Escalate high quality, accurate support incidents to our 2nd level support engineers
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical incidents for customers
- Identify software bugs and work with development team to resolve them
- Document resolution of incidents and contribute to the Knowledge Base
- Work under Service Level Agreements (SLA) to resolve incidents for customers, avoiding SLA breaches.
- Participate on a 24/7 out of hours support roster
The Candidate must have 2 years commercial experience in:
- Strong and proven customer facing skills
- Strong and proven application support skills.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 or CRM 2011 preferably holding technical certification.
- Problem and issue management, classification and prioritisation skills
- Strong SQL Server 2008 (use in support or developer roles)
- Windows Server 2008
- Hold a relevant third level degree or equivalent (a BSc. with a strong science or engineering content is preferred)
- Possess excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and written communication.
- Possess a positive can do attitude.
- Be self-motivated, disciplined and able to work well in a team environment but also on an individual basis to ensure tasks/actions are completed.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and produce solid work that is both accurate and to a high standard.
- Confident in face to face internal and external meetings.
- Be able to discuss their subject matter in a way that provides confidence to the customer and demonstrate strong communication skills.
- This is a technical role that also requires strong people skills
The following skills will give the candidate a distinct advantage:
- Familiarity with our line of business
- Previous social care experience in any capacity
- Web application configuration and troubleshooting
- IIS web server configuration and troubleshooting
- Hold technical certifications in relevant Microsoft products.
CareWorks is located 2 minutes from the Luas stop in Sandyford Industrial Estate, Dublin 18
Depending on experience.
Please send all applications to [email protected]